12.01.2009

Holy FAKE BABY Batman!!

So I know I already posted today (go me!!) but I just HAD to comment on the show that is currently airing on my TV. I've only been half paying attention since I am hard at work cleaning the house, but this show is just too insane not to share with you. 

Ok who am I kidding? I'm not cleaning the house. You got me. I'm actually just sitting here on the couch freezing my butt off and searching for Xmas gifts online. 

Anyways, prepare yourselves for the wonder and the horror that is "MY FAKE BABY" on BBC America. Here is the description: "Dolls may seem to be just a children's plaything, but a closer look reveals much more. This documentary delves into a small niche of adult women who collect and care for shockingly lifelike baby dolls." I kid you not, these women treat freakish dolls like REAL BABIES. And these freakish fake babies can even be fitted with BUILT IN BREATHING DEVICES to make it seem like they are even more alive. Words can really not describe how bizarre and intriguing this phenomenon really is. 

One of the women almost had a heart attack because she found a crack in her freakish fake baby's head. I mean she was practically in tears because it was INJURED!!! Oh and if you can't get over the fact that your grandchild is growing up or has moved away to another country, you can go to a special freakish baby-maker with baby pictures of your loved one, and she will BUILD YOU YOUR OWN FREAKISH BABY to look just like the picture!! 

No, this IS NOT cute (or REAL!!)

Talk about an attachment disorder... 

 

4 comments:

  1. WTF!!!! Have you ever seen the BBC Doc about the guys with the fake girlfriends? It is something like guys and dolls? I looked for it but couldn't find it haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I can NOT stop watching BBC documentaries...seriously...they are so taboo! I saw the one where brothers and sisters were ATTRACTED to one another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a lot of obsessive people that would latch on to this crap...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. The BBC rules!!!! Hopefully there is more quality programming to come. I wonder if there is a Hulu channel for this stuff...

    ReplyDelete