Now that I am trying to stay away from caffeine (thanks stomach) I have had to be creative with my beverage selections. No more grande nonfat 2 equal lattes for this little lady. So today I decided to grab a quick lunch at a local coffee shop near my house (I'm working from home today) called Stir Crazy. The place is cute, local, funky, and yet somewhat overpriced in my opinion. But anyways I digress. I scanned the drink menu for something warm and toasty (our house is COLD) and came across "warm pumpkin chai." My gut instinct was to stay very far away from anything squirted with pumpkin flavor. But, of course, rather than listen to logical reasoning I went for it, "just to see." And HOLY MOTHER what a DELICIOUS impulse buy that was!!! This pumpkin chai is probably the best beverage I have ever tasted. It ACTUALLY tastes just like melted pumpkin pie - sorry Pumpkin Spice Latte, you tasted like melted plastic. I am completely in love with this beverage and really proud of myself for sticking up to the Pumpkin Spice Latte fiends. Now let's just hope chai is caffeine free...it is right?!
10.19.2009
Eat Your Heart Out Pumpkin Spice Latte
I must preface this entry with the following tidbit: So you probably know by now that I despise the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks. I read all the hype about it on the blogosphere so I figured I just had to go see what the deal was. I was extremely disappointed in the ridiculously overpriced concoction that was served to me and I vowed to stay away from pumpkin flavoring from thence forth. And I even LIKE pumpkin flavors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds yummy!!!! I think real chai is caffeine free but you will be best to ask at the shop.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if you have Dunkin' Donuts in your area, but their Pumpkin Latte is sooo much better then Starbucks. Like, I-want-to-make-love-to-it good.
ReplyDeleteWas that awkward? We just met. I'm LB by the way.
LB
I get nervous if I'm at a Starbucks. I don't know the lingo. I don't know what drinks are hot, which are cold, etc... But I was in Target and I had a $5 S-bucks card. The girl made me a half pumpkin latte, half white chocolate something or other. Sounds nasty. Tasted phenomenal. BUt I'll probably never order it again because I really have no idea what I drank. Hmmm. I'll stick with wawa coffee. plain.
ReplyDeleteYum so many options!!!!! There is probably a Dunkin around here somewhere...I'll have to Google it and try that out. I am so glad there are other pumpkin flavors out there that haven't been tainted by the 'Bucks.
ReplyDeleteOh and 3 cheers for WaWa hellz yes.